Sunday, April 26, 2009

By the Grace of God...and Mikey

So as I'm sure you read in Mike's post, last week was a bad week for me. I came to the realization that I really do have a problem with food. I used to joke about being addicted to junk.....truth is that is my reality. This week, and I won't go into details, I ate junk pretty much the whole second half of the week. I go out with Dave or stop somewhere on my way home...and all the food decisions I made were very very bad ones. Let's just say that in 3 days I managed to use my WW flex points for this new week and last week, plus use up all last weeks exercise points! Needless to say I felt very defeated, and very, very ashamed that I did not have the self control to take that stuff out of my mouth and say no. Mike and I talked about it a long time at the gym tho, and believe you me, after a workout like Friday, I've learned my lesson. I'm making some changes. Starting this week I too will be on a 6-day a week work out routine, no more pizza and tacos and burgers. And....Sigh...no more sodas. How I will miss my Dr Pepper. I'm also changing my weigh in days to Sunday. I feel like this will help me better focus on my plan for the new week because I'll have a whole day to think about it.

Today I weighed in at 261 pounds! That's 1 pound down from last week! To make the deal even sweeter, that's 11 pounds lighter than I was when I started my own weight loss journey mid March. On March 13 my Dr told me I weigh 272.5 pounds and that if I didn't start doing something soon I would be in some serious trouble. Now I'm already down 11 pounds!!! I know today that right now my own weight loss is because I have been given the Grace of God...and Mikey - So thank you God, and thank you Mike - I wouldn't be here if it weren't for you.

2 comments:

  1. 11lbs since last month, that's awesome! I'm rooting for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have battled my weight for years and understand how tough it is. You are both heading in the right direction. Just keep moving and take it day by day! I'm pulling for you both...you inspire me!

    ReplyDelete